Monday, May 04, 2009

cycling survey


The short of it: cyclingsurvey.mcmaster.ca (please note: no 'www')

And the long of it:

Hi,

I haven't had the opportunity to meet all of you yet, but my name is Jamie Stuckless and I am a Masters student in the School of Geography and Earth Sciences at McMaster. I am conducting a cycling study in the Hamilton-Wentworth region and I am looking for survey participants.

This survey is anonymous and completing it should take 15-20 minutes. This survey is intended for residents of Hamilton-Wentworth who cycle, or who used to cycle and who are 18 years of age and older. The survey can be found online at:

cyclingsurvey.mcmaster.ca
(please note: no 'www')

Paper copies of the survey are also available.

This study seeks to answer four related questions; (1) what motivates people to cycle, (2) what factors are significant in the decision to decrease cycling frequency or stop cycling over time, (3) how do cyclists interact with public transportation and (4) how can this information be applied to promote and prolong bicycle ridership? I expect that this research will be beneficial to the local cycling community by providing recent cycling data that is specific to Hamilton-Wentworth.

After the study has been completed, an online written summary will be made available to interested participants and community groups.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. If you would like to obtain a paper copy of the survey, let me know and I can provide you with a list of locations near you where the survey is available.

peace and bicycle grease

Jamie Stuckless
School of Geography and Earth Sciences
McMaster University
(905) 525-9140 ext. 28611
Email: stuckljp@mcmaster.ca

No comments: